Hi Benson

As far as I remember writing a map (that is fixing the code) won't make a difference, I tried it when I spotted this test was still ignored...

cheers, Sergey

----- Original Message ----- From: "Benson Margulies" <bimargul...@gmail.com>
To: <dev@cxf.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2009 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: Handling collections with Aegis in JAX-RS

Sergey,

You have to be kidding me. The test (testReadWriteComplexMap) writes a
plain bean and then expects to read a map. Of course if fails!

--benson

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 6:38 AM, Sergey
Beryozkin<sergey.beryoz...@iona.com> wrote:

Hi Benson

if you could look at any of these tests or at least point me in the right
direction then it would be great.
I know you're busy - so just look at it whenever you get a chance, not
urgent...

cheers, Sergey

Sergey Beryozkin-2 wrote:

Hi Benson

I can't make the Aegis tests writing/reading collections working in CXF
JAX-RS.
I've found that AegisProviderTest#testReadWriteComplexMap is still
@Ignored, it might've passed for you because it was @Ignored :-)

I've also added testWriteCollections() (which writes List<AegisTestBean>)
to AegisJSONProviderTest. I also updated DataBindingJSONProviderTest, one
of its internal classes to return List<Book>. AegisJSONProvider extends
AegisElementProvider, DataBindingJSONProvider extends DataBindingProvider
which actually (in this case) delegates to Aegis DataBinding.

AegisJSONProviderTest fails at the write time, it can't find the mapping
for List. DataBindingJSONProviderTest fails early at the Aegis DataBinding
initialization time for the same reason. I thought Lists were supported by
default ? I haven't found any exam[le showing how a type mapping for Lists
can be created.
Can you please, whenever you have a chance, have a look at these tests ?

thanks, Sergey