I guess no replies to the previous email below means I am on my own ...

At least one more Q:
How convoluted would it be for me at least to isolate tools like the wsdl2js and their classes (WSDLToJavascript etc.) and port it into J2ME-CDC or CLDC? I guess primarily the tools cxf,common, cxf.tools.common and a few other classes would be involved but other than that I can find a clean separation between them and the main baseline.
Any ideas?

Thanks again

Demetris wrote:

Hi Benson et. al.,

I tried running the D-OSGi in Equinox under J2ME CDC on a Nokia N800 but it failed (I downloaded and activated the single-bungle distro). So I have a feeling I will have the same luck running the CXF stack on that mobile. But I will give the WSDL2JS tool a shot as standalone and run it on a WSDL file that I can generate off the mobile either on a CXF or Axis enabled servers on a hoping that would work.
Before I do I am wondering the following -
I will have the client mobile generate the javascript code that I can execute via its browser to generate SOAP calls to the remote server mobile running a ksoap2 web service. My questions are, has anyone tried to invoke Axis or any other SOAP-server-engine services from a CXF client (let's say the client is executing the javascript generated from the server's WSDL)? Or do the SOAP messages generated by CXF is annotated in such a way that only its server-side can understand? All this of course provided the client stack can run on the
mobile- I am working on testing that now.

Thanks

Benson Margulies wrote:
Demetris,

Let me answer/clarify what I can.

There are two ways of getting Javascript:

1: ask the server to generate it via the ?js URL.
2: run the generator yourself, either via the command-line driver or
the API it calls.

Both of this works either code-first or contract first. That is, you
start from Java classes with @nnotations, you can directly generate
javascript. You don't have to make a wsdl at any point.

You could do #2 on the client. However, I am ignorant of the
constraints of J2ME or CLDC, so I can't tell you if you can fit the
necessary set of our code onto there.

--benson