After messing with setting up a logger for an out-process server
(logging.properties were ignored after setting a
java.util.logging.config.file property in a server launcher properties, perhaps
there's some contention teher between the
EmbeddedBroker and Server2 for the same file handler, not really sure), I found
that if there was just a single client thread doing
an invocation then the test would pass and the server would log/confirm the
continuations were successfully created/suspended/etc
from inside the application code.

Having just 2 client threads results in no invocations coming into the
application code at all - sounds like a configuration issue
leading to the rejection or even the deadlock...Does anyone have the idea what
might be going on ?

Here is the config file :

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk/systests/uncategorized/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/jms/continuations/jms_test_config.xml

(check the bean with id='jmsConf1', in my local snapshot I increased the values
for (max)ConcurrentConsumers)

I don't see what other config properties may need to be added
(http://cxf.apache.org/docs/using-the-jmsconfigfeature.html)

Just for the record here's the client test code :
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk/systests/uncategorized/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/jms/continuations/HelloWorldContinuationsClientServerTest.java
and the service one :

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk/systests/uncategorized/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/jms/continuations/HelloWorldWithContinuationsJMS.java

cheers, Sergey