Hi

Some users have reported that the CXF HTTP OSGI transport is causing issues in
OSGI containers depending on the Spring DM 1.0.2 or earlier, due to Spring DM
eagerly loading the CXF HTTP OSGI context but failing to deal with the
(spring-)osgi-compendium related elements.

The only solution which seems to work in this case is to remove a cxf osgi
transport bits altogether from a bundle given that the user reporting the issue
is not using this transport.

This works but it is not ideal.
I'm also thinking that may be DOSGI might be affected a bit too given that
DOSGI users do not use this transport as well but will have a /cxf context busy
already, not that they need '/cxf'  but anyway...

I'm just wondering, what options we might have here ?
Perhaps one option is not to bundle this transport for cxf-minimal and
cxf-jaxrs bundles ? Users who do need it, say ServiceMix users, can get it from
the full bundle.

Another option is to add a CXF OSGI HTTP transport BundleActivator and
repackage META-INF/spring/cxf-osgi-transport.xml into say
META-INF/cxf//spring/cxf-osgi-transport.xml. Our BundleActivator will somehow
delegate to META-INF/cxf//spring/cxf-osgi-transport.xml, I don't  know how yet,
but I think, as far as I recall from writing SpringDM tests, it might be
possible to point SpringDM to some custom location. However, before delegating,
the BundleActivator will check, say a system property which if set would
disable the osgi transport. Something along these lines.

Thoughts ?

cheers, Sergey

P.S. I might not be able to contribute to this thread until this coming
Thursday...