Hi

My concern is that the way intents maps are loaded is the implementation detail of DSW and even though using Spring is what we use at the moment to load them I'm feeling we should not exclude other options (to make it easier for 'interested' OSGI non-Spring aware containers to integrate/inlcude DOSGI RI). Thus making DSW to start from Spring does not look like an ideal option to me...Also, as I noted in [1], we could find it more difficult to do things other than expressing service registration or dependencies requirements which is what you can do in Spring DM contexts

cheers, Sergey

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marc Schaaf" <m...@marc-schaaf.de>
To: <dev@cxf.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 9:33 AM
Subject: dOSGi: Change the startup of the DSW to Spring

Hi,

with regard to [1] I would like to change the startup of the dOSGi DSW
from a normal OSGi activator to Spring. This way the DSW would be
started by the Spring OSGi Extender bundles which would solve an issue
with the intent map loading. Currently the intent map is only
successfully loaded by the DSW if the Spring OSGi Extender was started
before.

Are there any objections against this approach ?

Thanks,
Marc

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-66