I believe this:

945a1c1ab363485003ebf14fef3463055d4fab37

Is the last commit using the old file structure, old packages, etc.

I suspect it would be prudent to make a tag for this. This would be in case
some developer has lots of outstanding changes based on earlier commits. They
could first rebase to here, get everything working again, and then do the
rebase that changes all the names and such.

Naming convention? I suspect a somewhat verbose tag name would be better than
just a numbering convention, as the key concept here is that this is still
edu.illinois.ncsa daffodil packages. So something with the words "final" and
"edu.illinois.ncsa" as well as capturing that it is pre-2.1.0 release.