DAFFODIL-1908 tracks this issue. It isn't specific to TravisCI, but
certain environments seem to make it easier to trigger. I haven't seen
it in a while on my system. Best guess is some kind of non-thread-safe
code when compiling schemas, but I don't think any one has been able to
track it down so far.

TravisCI lets you retrigger a build--I usually do that when I see random
failures just to make sure all the tests pass. I've recently seen what
appear to be network issues and dependencies fail to download.

- Steve