The typeCalc functions are all specialized by their return type; and currently
support only Integer and String. It appears that there is a need to at least
add Double to this list. (My use-case here is VMF/Link-16 where, for example,
"degrees" is specified in units of 360/2^n making an Int->Double mapping
natural).

A complete solution should provide functions for all the primitive types, but I
struggle to think of a use-case where we would need, say, date functions.

Does anyone have any opinions on if we need to support types beyond string,
integer, and double for returning from typeCalc functions?

Brandon T. Sloane

Associate, Services

bslo...@tresys.com | tresys.com