So Java 21 produces different floating point values in a few cases. Some of
our tests (4) are sensitive to this.

The "right way" to compare floating point numbers is like this:

If(Math.abs(A - B) < epsilon)

The TDML runner has outstanding bug
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAFFODIL-2402 which is to add the
ability to put xsi:type="double" for example on the expected infoset, and
this instructructs the (schema unaware) TDML runner to do comparison using
some sort of epsilon comparison like the above

Does that seem like the right fix for this?

The only alternative I can think of is some sort of conditional infoset
construction, so that the expected values can vary for different JVMs.