Daffodil devs. You really should check out this PR in the thread below. The 
DFDL spec is very close to being fully converted to asciidoc and being much 
more maintainable with better hyperlinks, a generated all properties index, 
etc. as a result. 

Aaron has largely got this working with smooth tooling that automated a 
conversion from MS-Word to html to asciidoc, and the new tooling does asciidoc 
to XML to HTML/PDF with different PDFs for ISO and OGF formatting.

A few bugs in the DFDL spec have been found including one quite bad one, so the 
spec does need a respin.  

On 2026/09/05 17:53:57 Aaron Bauman wrote:
> Hi, all,
> 
> Following up here as Mike recommended below.
> 
> Seems both [email protected] and [email protected] no longer exist.
> 
> I opened a PR [1] with work to convert the MS Word doc to asciidoc per the
> issues opened on Github.
> 
> Would be awesome if others are able to review it.
> 
> Looking forward to hearing back.
> 
> [1]: https://github.com/OpenGridForum/DFDL/pull/81
> 
> 
> On Sat, Sep 5, 2026 at 1:26 PM Mike Beckerle <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> > Aaron,
> >
> > This is amazing work converting it all out of ms-word form to asciidoc.
> >
> > I am retired now and no longer pushing the DFDL spec forward actively, but
> > I will review your PR once I get back from vacation on Sept 14.
> >
> > The DFDL workgroup mailing list still exists ([email protected]) and
> > you should join that and recruit others to also review it.
> >
> > I suggest you also should join the ASF Daffodil project which is actively
> > moving forward the open source implementation. That project hosts an online
> > HTML version of the spec and that ought to get displaced with your asciidoc
> > based one.
> >
> > -mike beckerle
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 2, 2026, 2:23 PM Aaron Bauman <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> Mike,
> >>
> >> Good to virtually meet you. I am Aaron Bauman and am highly interested in
> >> contributing to the future of DFDL.
> >>
> >> I recently opened a PR on Github [1] and am hopeful for your and the WG's
> >> feedback. I know you are pending the upcoming ISO recertification and other
> >> preparations for DFDL 2.0.
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> -Aaron
> >>
> >> [1]: https://github.com/OpenGridForum/DFDL/pull/81
> >>
> >
> >
> > Mike Beckerle
> > Apache Daffodil | daffodil.apache.org
> > OGF DFDL Workgroup | www.ogf.org/ogf/doku.php/standards/dfdl/dfdl
> >
> >
> >
> >
> 

Reply via email to