I've been meaning to sort through what is needed for the NOTICE and LICENSE
files for the binary artifact release (based on Justin's feedback) before
doing another release but I haven't gotten to it yet.  Basically,
datafu-pig packages dependencies within the JAR so that using the
datafu-pig artifact is easy (e.g. you don't need to find all the
dependencies and load them).  The namespaces of these are changed in case
different versions of these libraries are already loaded elsewhere.  These
are all APLv2 so including them shouldn't be an issue.  But, we our binary
artifact for datafu-pig does not include NOTICE or LICENSE files; these
apparently should be different from the ones we are including in the source
release because the source release does not include these libraries.
Justin shared [2] as guidance on what to do.  According to that page we
need to do some analysis to check whether the libraries are doing any
bundling and also check for NOTICE files so we can include relevant
portions in our NOTICE.  I wanted to tackle all this before doing another
release.  If you'd like to help with analysis please let me know :)

[1] Autojarred libraries in datafu-pig/build.gradle:

  autojarred "it.unimi.dsi:fastutil:$fastutilVersion"
  autojarred "org.apache.commons:commons-math:$commonsMathVersion"
  autojarred "com.clearspring.analytics:stream:$streamVersion"
  autojarred "com.google.guava:guava:$guavaVersion"
  autojarred "org.apache.opennlp:opennlp-tools:$openNlpVersion"
  autojarred "org.apache.opennlp:opennlp-uima:$openNlpVersion"
  autojarred "org.apache.opennlp:opennlp-maxent:$openNlpMaxEntVersion"

[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 4:49 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>