tisonkun commented on PR #232:
URL: 
https://github.com/apache/datasketches-rust/pull/232#issuecomment-5846512689

   Based on [Lee's clarification in 
#212](https://github.com/apache/datasketches-rust/issues/212#issuecomment-5799254897),
 this is informal, human-readable information about the sketch's current state. 
I think we can simply improve the existing `Debug` implementations to make that 
information easier to read. A separate `summary()` API adds another interface 
to learn and maintain without helping this use case.
   
   I've pushed 6b14e51 to take this approach, using `debug_struct` and the 
usual `{:?}` / `{:#?}` formatting. The output is free to evolve, so I also 
removed the tests that pin down its presentation.
   
   `cargo x check`, `cargo x test`, and `cargo x lint` pass locally.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to