Hi Thomas! I got that from the third link (temp docs)

"In order to use the DeltaSpike data module, you have to run your
application in a Java EE container supporting at least the Java EE 6 Web
Profile. Other configurations like running it inside Tomcat or even a Java
SE application are possible but currently not supported."

cheers