HI all,

I'd like to bring up the topic of how to best handle CDI 1.1/1.2
integration within DeltaSpike.  If you look at our code, we have a few
cases of "hacks" to make CDI 1.0 work cross container in our extensions.
Much of this is fixed for CDI 1.1/1.2/EE7 so I was wondering how it would
make sense for us to support those runtimes even better.  Here are some of
my thoughts.

- Create a DS 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT branch for CDI 1.1/1.2 compatibility.
 1.0.x-SNAPSHOT would remain for maintenance on this release line.  We
would have to determine branch naming strategy (e.g. does 1.1.0 go on
master or a separate release branch?)
- What features do we leverage? There's a bunch of things I see as
problematic today
    - Keep BeanManagerProvider/BeanProvider but have them wrap
CDI.current() instead of their current behaviour.
    - Replace usage of @Typed with @Vetoed
- What do we enhance?
    - Our current @Transactional mirrors the EE7 transactional, except we
support RESOURCE_LOCAL for JPA.
    - Certain modules become irrelevant (Servlet/BeanVal come to mind).  Do
we document how to migrate forward?
    - Certain modules can be significantly reduced (JPA/JSF).  Do we do
something similar?

John