The problem I got when I tried this was that the CDI part was perfectly
working. But all the com.ibm.ws.* EJB interceptors you get did blow up because
those parts were not set up. Sadly this hits you on more CDI beans than you
expect :(

As DeltaSpike CdiCtrl was originally the openwebbeans test module you should be
able to take the following code and turn it into a CdiCtrl backend:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openwebbeans/tags/openwebbeans-1.1.6/webbeans-test/cditest-owb/src/main/java/org/apache/webbeans/cditest/owb/

LieGrue,
strub