Few thoughts ...

I did not follow really deltaspike to be honest, but I do follow MP-Config
for instance.

First it's all about config, so maybe having a method name "diff" is
enough. No need for "diffConfig".

Some values may have been updated, some might have been deleted and some
other added.
Returning a set might not be enough, isn't it?

Jean-Louis