Ersin Er a écrit :

[I had a problem answering to the correct thread. So sorry for double post.]

My preferences:

interface LdapDN extends Name
class BasicLdapDN implements LdapDN
class ServerLdapDN implements LdapDN

What about DN for client, and ServerDN for server ?

BTW, what is the difference between client (basic) and server versions?

The server wersion will have to handle a Normalized form, whilst the client do not need it.

If they have different functionality we can design interfaces for them too :-D

Well, sure. But at a point, no need to duplicate if we have a 1-1 relationship between classes and interfaces. I just think this is bad practice (IMHO). Interface should be used if you have a behavior to implement by more than one class.

And I think we need to design most parts of the system with first
interfaces only.

We should try to fulfill JDK naming API, I think.

On 9/3/06, Emmanuel Lecharny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ersin Er a écrit :

> Yes, I understood you intent. But I think LdapDN can also be an
> interface extending Name. So we can clearly see what it adds to Name.
>
> On 9/3/06, Emmanuel Lecharny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So let say we have   ( --> = extends, --O = implements ) :

interface LdapDN --> interface Name
class ClientDN --O LdapDN
class ServerDN --O LdapDN

wdyt ?