On 1/6/11 9:58 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecha...@apache.org>wrote:

On 1/6/11 7:03 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

OK no problem but still though we should be able to inject a filter into
the
filter list anywhere we like. That way we will not get stuck trying to
compromise interceptor position to impact where the filter goes.

Yeah, probably. But we usually do something like :

        cursor.addEntryFilter( SEARCH_FILTER );

so we don't control the filter's position. Modifying this would not be
complicated, but it would be more complicated than simply inverting the 2
interceptors :)

Well you lucked out and something nasty did not happen when you switched the
two interceptors. I was proposing this alternative in case this did blow up.

Yes it was quite perfect. I was not expecting that to be as easy.

Now, I must say that the Interceptor logic is pretty good : when going down to the backend, all the interceptors are handling the operation in the right order, and for the search, the only operation that goes in the reverse direction, we benefit from the interceptor order declaration to have the filter ordered automatically. I find it smart...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com