Stefan Seelmann wrote:

>  Does Studio recreate them next time when opening a
> > connection?
>
> Yes, every time the connection is opened and the schema is loaded it is
> written to disk.

So a simple pre-start script could simulate non-caching. I guess I'll give that
a try and see how it works for me.

> In theory when opening the connection Studio checks if the
> remote schema was updated (based on modifyTimeStamp)

In that case, why even bother loading the cached schemas at startup? Only to
speed up connection time? Or can you see other reasons?

>  but it was multiple times reported that this doesn't work reliable.

So if we fix this, we could simply stop loading schema at startup?

> Do you want to give it a try?

Sounds interesting, but I'm on vacation the next two weeks and will hava a few
pretty busy weeks afterwards. So it'll take some time...

> Let me know if you need pointers to the code.

Definitely needed. If oyu post them here, maybe someone else will even jump at
it quicker than I can.