On 4/18/19 4:12 PM, Shawn McKinney wrote:

>> On Apr 17, 2019, at 2:31 PM, Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> That is to say, that running the test on a local VM finishes in < 10
>> minutes, while in a Jenkins pipeline much longer, > 1 hour.
>
> It feels like the tests are running inside a VM that’s underpowered.  The
> adds, updates and deletes are very slow.  This is not a blocker, just causes
> the tests to take longer than usual.
>
> What is a blocker, the pw policy validations are time sensitive, and fail in
> random places.
>
> Can someone provide the specs on the VM’s that are allocated to run this test
> process?

Yes, the Jenkins machines are rather slow, I agree.

There is a bit info (memory and disk) in the Jenkins wiki [1], our jobs
use the "ubuntu" label. For further info we need ask builds@a.o list.

What's also possible, if you determine a slow node, to blacklist it in
the job's config "Restrict where this project can be run", like "ubuntu
&& !H30". Or even only whitelist fast ones, but then the queue/wait time
may be higher.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Jenkins+node+labels