Hi Michael,

On 4/24/19 10:45 PM, Michael Barkdoll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to fix a bug that I'm experiencing in my Apache guacamole
> deployment that relies upon Apache Directory api-all:
>
> https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.directory.api/api-all
>
> pom.xml:
>         <!-- Apache Directory LDAP API -->
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>com.novell.ldap</groupId>
>             <artifactId>jldap</artifactId>
>             <version>4.3</version>
>             <groupId>org.apache.directory.api</groupId>
>             <artifactId>api-all</artifactId>
>             <version>2.0.0.AM2</version>
>             <exclusions>
>                 <exclusion>
>                     <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
>                     <artifactId>slf4j-api</artifactId>
>                 </exclusion>
>             </exclusions>
>         </dependency>
>
> This is due to possibly bug:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-1197?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel
>
> Which has existed in the code base since August 18, 2017.  Can someone
> please help me push out an update for this to the above mentioned repo or
> tell me how I can compile it from source and insert the dependency in the
> pom.xml from apache guacamole shown above.

So you want to use the LDAP API in Gacamole project, nice :). But the
Jira you refer to was about wrong usage of the LDAP API within Studio
which was fixed by changing one parameter (the connection timeout).

To clarify: Apache LDAP API is a Java library. Apache Directory Studio
is the LDAP browser GUI application which uses the LDAP API library (as
you do in Guacamole).

The default timeout of the LDAP API (even in version 2.0.0.AM2) is 30
seconds (30000ms), unless you configured something else.

I assume your problem is about PR [1], right? So the error
ERR_04122_SSL_CONTEXT_INIT_FAILURE which means the SSL/TLS cannot be
established may have different root causes, not necessarily caused by a
connection timeout, especially it happens when the server certificate is
not valid. Unfortunately in LDAP API 2.0.0.AM2 the root cause is not
reported in the error. This has been improved in master [2] but is not
yet released.

In the meanwhile you can build the current master: Checkout sources [3]
and build with "mvn clean install -DskipTests", the artifacts are
installed to your local Maven repo (~/.m2/repository), then change the
version to "2.0.0.AM3-SNAPSHOT".

> I tried to build from github:
> https://github.com/apache/directory-studio
>
> The ./build.sh script ended in an error for me though and I'm not certain
> how to take the built files from it and insert them directly into the
> pom.xml.

As said above, this would build Studio, not the LDAP API.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/pull/345
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-330