For API/server/studio and their Jenkins pieplines I now use Docker
containers [1] with preinstalled Java (8/11/12/...) and Maven and other
required tools. This makes the build independent of the machine it runs,
only Docker is required, but avoids to relay that all tools are installed.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/directory-buildtools/tree/master/docker/maven-build