I'm wondering what the status of the JIRA should be for 2.0.0 - the filter still lists a bunch of open issues: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/DIRAPI/versions/12329343

Should these be pushed to a later release or perhaps some of them have been fixed?

The opened issues have not been fixed.

We always proceeds like that : we close the release, and all the issues are then move to the next iteration.

The rational is that if we were to rollback the release, that would not impact the opened issues, otherwise if we move the issue to a next release, then we would have to move them back to 2.0.0 if we rollback.

I was curious about this comment "The current API does not have any features for controlling hostname verification. In addition, it appears that *no* hostname verification occurs by default. " - surely this isn't true that we don't do hostname verification?

We don't. That means we haven't implemented the logic that check if the hostname we are connecting to is the one specified in the certificate. This is not necessarily a problem, most of the time.