On 23/03/2020 09:15, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
Hi Colm,

Hi Emmanuel,

When I test with the directory-server I get a failing test:

[ERROR]   ClientDeleteRequestTest.testDeleteWithControl:240 expected:<SUCCESS> but was:<NOT_ALLOWED_ON_NON_LEAF>
[ERROR] Errors:
[ERROR] ClientDeleteRequestTest.testDeleteWithCascadeControl:145 » LdapContextNotEmpty
[INFO]

I'll investigate. Most certainly a pb on the server that does not react well with the delete control modification.

Actually, I think the server *never* supported this control, and the tests simply bypassed it :

    public void testDeleteWithCascadeControl() throws Exception
    {
        assertTrue( session.exists( "cn=parent,ou=system" ) );

        if ( connection.isControlSupported( TreeDelete.OID ) )
        {
           ... Not executed...

The change seems to be that with Radovan fix the control is now loaded in the server - but not implemented -. Radovan can't be blamed for that, I should have tested it before.

Anyway, you just need to ignore the tests that use this control in the server. The LDAP API should be ok.