My quotation was raised because there was another discussion that resulted in
the answer  that  the txn Id was equiv to the index in raft.  However i recall
something about  uniqueness  as well as upwards-only being important in raft
around "stage machine safety " and "log matching"
Perhaps they are not equivalent or perhaps I have the wrong idea?
Any idea which way it is?
Thanks
-------- Original message --------From: Leigh Stewart
<lstew...@twitter.com.INVALID> Date: 20/09/2016  18:48  (GMT+00:00) To:
dev@distributedlog.incubator.apache.org Subject: Re: Duplicate transaction ids
It simply must be non-decreasing- dup ids are ok.

Since txid is used for positioning, if you had a long series of identical
txids you might have to scan through a lot of records to find the record
you were really looking for if you were doing a lookup. Other than that
there should be no impact.

Thx