Interesting article:

"Open-source strategy: Documentation = dollars", by Matt Asay
http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9774567-16.html

Here is a quote from the article:
"People don't visit a software company's website to read about
the executives. They visit the website to get information on the
software. If your website is light on that information, you're
killing sales, especially in an open-source software company."

I think it's especially relevant to the OOo website. IMO the
changes Frank has made to the Documentation Project's first page
(and his addition of the Getting Help page) have helped greatly
in making the Docs pages more useful for users.

However, I still have issues with the emphasis on the first page
of the main OOo website.

--Jean