Hi Valden

Valden Longhurst skrev:
One point to consider making in the 3.x documentation is that the new Java GUI installation wizard is included only for 'OpenOffice.org with JRE' (Java Runtime Environment).

This explains why I could not find the ./setup script in ANY of the official downloads I decided to download. If users do not download the OO.o with JRE, and all the instructions are written with the assumption it is there, then, opps.

Ooh, easy to miss. ;-)

Per's e-mail on 6/21 says
"I think that a completely manual method that works on all RPM environments should also be included, here in the form of the current manual instructions, using rpm -ivh. . . . OpenOffice.org non supported instructions that we can find should be available to the user, and I think that the wiki is the right place."

. . . and in my opinion is well founded.

Thanks Valden.
I only think that you should respect the installation team's information, the Java Installer and the rpm -ivh methods are the recommended graphical and CLI methods of installing OOo. Recommended ways get into the documentation, other methods are well put into the wiki. :-)

Per