This issue is far more ambitious than its summary would imply: the attachments include a "How to convert from Excel to Calc" document for advanced programmers, from our late colleague, GRS. AFAIK, this level of information is not available anywhere else, including the Basic Guide and the 2.x Migration Guide.

All of this info needs "up-to-date" checking, and some of it belongs in the Basic Guide. I'll do that last, slowly, but I can't check the Excel side: I have no access to MS Office, nor am I an advanced Excel programmer.

If we have someone who can drive the technical side, we should consider publishing some such document.
--
/tj/