Claire Wood wrote:
Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me please what a "spinner" is in relation to creating forms
using Writer?  I've never come across this term before, and how does it
work?

The "spinner" is a spin button. When applied to the field of a control, it is the combination up and down arrow on the right side of the field. Clicking the up arrow increases the field's value while clicking the down arrow decreases the field's value. It can only be used with numerical or date fields. In a numerical field, the change in value is done in units. In a date field using MM/DD/YY or DD/MM/YY formats, the change in value can be done in any of these: month, day, or year. You must first click the MM DD or YY part of the field. (YYYY works the same as YY.) You can get the same effect in a field if you click the field to select it and then use the keyboard's up and down arrows. I have used the spin button in the forms of a database. When a form is created using Writer, it is created basically the same as a database form is created in Design View using Base.

Dan