The bits of info in the Document Properties are metadata about the
document. This metadata can be used for various purposes (such as
searching), and is exported to PDF, HTML, and other formats.

I would like to include in the Writer Guide (where the DocProperties
dialog box is discussed) some specific examples of common uses that
ordinary users can understand... especially for items that can be
entered into the Custom Properties page. What do some of the fields in
an ODT file become in PDF or HTML?

I have a somewhat vague and generalised idea of common uses of metadata,
but not clear enough to write intelligently about it, so any help you
can give me would be much appreciated... and hopefully save me a lot of
time. Pointers to clear, comprehensible examples are fine. Thanks!

--Jean