To whom it may concern,

My name is Scott Vickinovac and I would like to express my desire to
contribute to OpenOffice.org. I am eager to assist in the writing and
editing of any and all documents related to the software suite.  A bit
about my background; I'm a recent college graduate and possess a
Bachelors of Arts in English Literature.  Ultimately, I would like to
explore the field of technical writing.  As a well known office suite
with an open call for contributions, OpenOffice.org strikes me as the
perfect place to implement and refine my existing writing skills, as
well as a place to augment my portfolio.

OpenOffice was an essential tool for me during my tenure as an
undergraduate.  In a way, contributing would satisfy a desire to give
something back.  For many of my peers, OpenOffice held the promise of
a viable alternative to Microsoft Office but were turned away by some
of the unpleasant nuances inherent in earlier versions of the program.
 And with Google's invested efforts in their GoogleDocs platform, I
recognize that the competition in the productivity software market is
that much more fierce.  Although I have very negligible coding
experience, I am willing to put in the time in effort to assist in
writing the Developer Primer, as well as a comprehensive User Guide
and How-To's. Please let me know how I can be of the most assistance
to your ongoing development.

Sincerely,
Scott Vickinovac.