On 02/04/2012 09:00 AM, TJ Frazier wrote:
On 2/4/2012 08:15, J.Alex Whyte wrote:
My name is John Alexander Whyte and I am a registered user of your
program. Unfortunately I have forgotten the username I selected when
registering, so I am unable to consult the forums. My address ius 144
Corniche Paul Clermont 06670 Colomars France. My phone number 33 (0) 493
080 246.
email j.alex.wh...@wanadoo.fr <mailto:j.alex.wh...@wanadoo.fr>
Can you suggest how I can fix this problem?

Hi,

First, you needn't worry about your "registered" username. Just pick one you like, and register anew on forum(s) and/or mailing list(s). It's a good idea to use the same name everywhere, so others know whom they're conversing with. Unfortunately, there is no provision for a "universal login"; each account is separate.

Depends on which forum and intent. If he attempts to create a new username at OOoForum with an in-use email account, registration will fail. As difficult as it is to believe, that particular software does not allow for finding a user based on email address (for admins or moderators) or for a user to say "I remember my email address but not my user name".

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php