Hi Alex,

On 14-May-18 3:23 PM, Alex Kiselev wrote:
Hi.

This patch adds two features to the librte_ip_frag library:

The commit message will be saved in git history for all eternity. I don't think it should start with "Hi", it's not an email :)

More to the point, generally, one patch == one fix/feature. Do not combine multiple features in one patch unless there's a very strong reason to do so (such as avoiding compilation breaks).

Your patch also lacks developer's certificate of origin (a sign-off), without which we cannot accept your patches into the codebase even if we really, really wanted to :)

Please refer to DPDK contribution guidelines on how to formulate and submit patches to DPDK community:

http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/contributing/patches.html

You are also adding new API calls. New API calls should be marked as "experimental" for at least one release as per our community guidelines:

http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/contributing/versioning.html

Also, new API's should be added to library's respective .map file to enable proper symbol exporting for shared library builds.

1) it keeps track of number of mbufs holded in the fragmentation table.
  rte_frag_table_mbuf_count()

There might be situations (kind of attack when a lot of fragmented packets are
sent
to a dpdk application in order to flood the fragmentation table) when no
additional
mbufs must be added to the fragmentations table since it already contains to
many of them.
Currently there is no way to determine the number of mbufs holded int the
fragmentation table.

2) Fragmented packets are supposed to live no longer than max_cycles, but the
lib deletes an expired packet
only occasionally when it scans a bucket to find an empty slot when adding a
new packet.
Therefore a fragment might sit in the table forever.

This patch add rte_frag_table_del_expired_entries() that scans list recently
used packets
and delete the expired ones.
---

--