Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:07 PM, Burakov, Anatoly:
> Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] [RFC] ethdev: introduce DMA memory mapping for
> external memory
>
> On 14-Jan-19 6:12 AM, Shahaf Shuler wrote:
> > Hi Anatoly,
> >
> > Any last inputs on this one? Would like to prepare a patch for 19.05 and it
> would much effect the design.
> >

> Hi Shahaf,
>
> Unfortunately, i've been preoccupied with other stuff lately. I will have
> another look at this issue over the week and come back to you.
> Please feel free to ping me personally if i don't :)

Sure, will 😊.

Just to mention, I traversed through the vfio kernel code and it looks like it
has what it takes.
for type1 mapping[1] I would expect to get EEXIST.
for spapr mapping[2] I would expect to get EBUSY.

Will wait to your findings.

[1]
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/vfio/vfio_iommu_type1.c#L1108

[2]