From: dev [mailto:dev-boun...@dpdk.org] On Behalf Of Kury Nicolas
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 6:22 AM
To: dev at dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-dev] Does anybody know OpenDataPlane

Hi!

Does anybody know OpenDataPlane ?  http://www.opendataplane.org/ It is a
framework designed to enable software portability between networking SoCs,
regardless of the underlying instruction set architecture. There are several
implementations.

  *   OpenDataPlane using DPDK for Intel NIC
  *   OpenDataPlane using DPAA for Freescale platforms (QorIQ)
  *   OpenDataPlane using MCSDK for Texas Insturments platforms (KeyStone II)
  *   etc.

When a developer wants to port his application, he just needs to recompile it
with the implementation of OpenDataPlane related to the new platform.

I'm doing my Master's Thesis on OpenDataPlane  and I have some questions.

- Now that OpenDataPlane (ODP) exists, schould every developpers start a new
project with ODP or are there some reasons to still use DPDK ? What do you
think ?

Thank you very much

Nicolas