2015-12-09 14:39, Wiles, Keith:
> I am having a problem with ?make install T=? command as I was using it
> before. I would normally build a x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc, clang and icc or
> a different config all together. Currently the ?make install T=? gives a
> warning message at the end of the build plus creates the
> x86_64-native-linuxapp-XXX directory. If I use the suggested ?make config T=?
> command this command create a directory ?build? with a .config file. The
> problem is this method does not allow me to have multiple builds at the same
> time.
>
> What is the suggested method to have multiple builds without installing  into
> the local file system?

The multiple build is not supported anymore. It was only building with
the default configuration.
If you want to test various builds, I suggest to use this script:
        scripts/test-build.sh
        http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/commit/?id=cd31ca579c

If you just want to compile, it is simple:
        make config T=x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc O=my-gcc-build
        make O=my-gcc-build

Note: the documentation was updated when doing this change.
If you think something is missing, please comment.