On 26-May-20 1:45 PM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
26/05/2020 12:52, Burakov, Anatoly:
On 26-May-20 11:33 AM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:

And therein lies the problem: Thomas (David, etc.) doesn't look at every
area of the code, he relies on us to do it. However, *he* is doing the
committing, and fixing up patches, etc. - so, i can't really say things
like, "hey, your indentation's wrong here, but Thomas will fix it on
apply" because that's me pushing more work onto Thomas, something i
don't think i have the moral right to do :)

You can send a new version of the patch with the details fixed,
publicly readable, reviewable, and ready to be pushed.

To be completely honest, that's something that's never occurred to me,
and it sounds like a great idea. The downside is that taking over
someone else's patch and resubmitting it may be taken the wrong way :)
(and could also lead to confusion e.g. regarding versioning)

It happens to me to continuing work started by someone else.
I keep original authorship, add my Signed-off-by, increment versioning,
and insert it in the original thread with --in-reply-to.

No, confusion not on your side, but on the side of the person whose patch has been taken over :)

--
Thanks,
Anatoly