> >requirement.
> >> [Ankur] It's a limitation in OCTEON TX PMDs that the (encr offset -
> >> auth offset) should be 8 bytes aligned.
> >> In the IPSEC ESN scenario generally the offsets will be such.
> >> But in the above IPSEC ESN test vector, this requirement is not met
> >> and hence the associated test cases fails on the PMD.
> >
> >In that case, I think it is better to have a separate test vector and both
> >should
> >be executed. With the previous one as not supported in your case and this
> >one will be supported.
> [Ankur] The offsets values are present per crypto operation. So to make these
> tests
> as unsupported the pmd datapath needs to be changed.
> Is there an alternative to make these tests unsupported?

I believe this is a data path error and a limitation in your PMD.
You can not stop the application writer from using unaligned cipher
offsets(non-8 byte aligned)

This is just a test application, which may hide your PMD limitation by
accepting this patch
But in actual the scenario will fail when some user configures a 12B cipher
offset.
IMO, you should add a new test vector instead of replacing this one and it
should
Be OK to have the existing one fail in your case.