On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 07:50:19AM -0500, Lewis Donzis wrote:

> ----- On May 30, 2022, at 3:09 AM, Bruce Richardson
> bruce.richard...@intel.com wrote:
>
> > On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 06:36:21AM -0500, Lewis Donzis wrote:
> >> Apparently FreeBSD 13.1 changed the syntax of the CPUSET macros, so DPDK no
> >> longer compiles.
> >>
> >> For example, here's one definition on FreeBSD 13.0 and prior:
> >>
> >>    CPU_OR(cpuset_t *dst, cpuset_t *src);
> >>
> >> and here it is in FreeBSD 13.1:
> >>
> >>    CPU_OR(cpuset_t *dst, cpuset_t *src1, cpuset_t *src2);
> >>
> >> I've modified lib/eal/freebsd/include/rte_os.h to handle both old and new
> >> versions of FreeBSD.
> >>
> >> I'd like to provide the updated file, if someone would be willing to
> >> review and
> >> commit, please?
> >>
> > Can you please retest with the latest DPDK code in git. This should be
> > fixed there now. See patch [1]. The fix should make its way into the LTS
> > backports over time too.
> >
> > /Bruce
> >
> > [1]
> > http://patches.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/patch/20220520181050.55654-1-bruce.richard...@intel.com/
>
> Yes, it definitely compiles now, thank you!
>
> Something is still not working properly, I think in the ixl driver.  But I
> tried the same test on FreeBSD 13.0 and it also doesn't work, so I don't
> think that's related to this change.  The problem appears to be related to
> forcing "wait" true on FreeBSD in ixgbe_dev_link_update_share().  Should I
> post that as a separate thread?

Yes, please do, and CC the relevant driver maintainers. You can use
get-maintainer.sh to find out who they are, as below:

        ./devtools/get-maintainer.sh drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe_ethdev.c
        Qiming Yang <qiming.y...@intel.com>
        Wenjun Wu <wenjun1...@intel.com>
        Anatoly Burakov <anatoly.bura...@intel.com>

/Bruce