>+uint32_t *credit_pool[DLB2_NUM_QUEUE_TYPES]; /* use __atomic builtins */

Spell check complains here you can add a space after the '*'  if you don’t want
that complaint. (e.g. uint32_t * credit_pool).

>       case nb_events_limit:
>               return dlb2->new_event_limit;
>       case inflight_events:
> -             return __atomic_load_n(&dlb2->inflights, __ATOMIC_SEQ_CST);
> +             return rte_atomic_load_explicit(&dlb2->inflights,
> +rte_memory_order_seq_cst);

>+This is more a question to the driver maintainer, but why does this load need
>to be CST? What stores need it to be ordered against. Even load-acquire seems
>overkill to me, but I may well be missing something.

I am not sure of this why previous maintainers went this way and I am looking
into it . To me now it looks like the strict requirements can be changed. If so
I will submit a patch later to change and address this.