Hi ,

Sorry, struggling to see what happened to this thread

I managed to get dpdk 2.2.0 to build on CentOs 6.8 by sorting the
MSIX_ENTRY_CTRL_MASKBIT

But I'm trying to get 16.7 to run on 6.8, and am hitting the
vlan_tx_tag_present(_skb)

I tried just putting a bare
#define  vlan_tx_tag_present(_skb) 0
line in the two kcompat.h files
one for igb and one for ixgbe

but I'm hitting other issues now.

/root/mcgray/dpdk-16.07/x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc/build/lib/librte_eal/linuxapp/kni/kni_misc.c:441:20:
 error: macro "alloc_netdev" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3

I had already turned of KNI in my config file, so why is the dpdk-setup.sh even
trying to build this stuff??

I don't need KNI as far as I know

I saw mention of backported kernel?

I guess my 16.7 is a few months old now, if I go and get another download will
this all just go away?

Thanks

Sry, this stuff all a bit beyond my experience so far.

Martin Curran-Gray