I know RedHat is working on a vIOMMU so I guess this work is related to
that effort, but it is a surprise virtio using IOMMU. I thought IOMMU just
made sense when using SRIOV. My second guess is using IOMMU with virtio is
a matter of security, but by other hand, virtio + IOMMU could imply serious
performance degradation when multiple VMs are in use. I'm talking about
IOMMU contention, exactly about IOTLB contention. This performance issue is
complex to describe or even analyze as there are several factors having an
impact on it. For example, 1GB hugepages can avoid most of it and the same
if TX & RX rings are not bigger than 256. So, my question: is RedHat aware
of this potential IOMMU contention which can limit scalability?