On Friday 22 September 2017 03:25 AM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
23/08/2017 16:11, Shreyansh Jain:
+CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_DPAA_MEMPOOL_DEBUG=n

Please could you try to remove this kind of option?
We are going to remove them from DPDK.

OK. I will revisit and remove which are not impacting the performance.

For control path, no need of removing logs at compilation time.
For data path, compilation of logs is controlled by CONFIG_RTE_LOG_DP_LEVEL.
For enabling/disabling logs at runtime in the component,
there is the dynamic log types.

I had already introduced dynamic log types for DPAA1. There weren't much examples for me to identify 'best practice'. I preferred this toggling so that I can be clear about when debugging is truly disabled.