Hi Alex,

On 11/12/2017 13:45, Alex Rosenbaum wrote:
Mohammad,

I did not see a v2 change log. did I miss it? please send.

The V2 change is for vdev handling by the representor PMD as the vdev API location changed from DPDK 17.08 to 17.11. So, V2 patch mainly a rebased against DPDK 17.11.

I don't understand who this v2 addresses the comments by Alejandro Lucero from netronome [1]. These are critical points which your proposal does not handle. It is related to the switch_domain member exposed here.

Since, none of the initial NICs (i40e, ixgbe) is using switch_domain for the moment, we are dropping the switch_domain from these patch set. It is expected to be address in future patchset with switchdev support.

Regards,
Awal.

thanks,
Alex