Resending on dev alias
From: Jason Messer
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 10:52 AM
Cc: Kappler, Elizabeth M <elizabeth.m.kapp...@intel.com>; Omar Cardona
Subject: Request to create a draft repo for Windows DPDK Patches
As we reported at the DPDK Summit in November, we have brought support for
several of the DPDK core libraries as well as a UIO driver for use on Windows.
While there is still work to do (outlined below) we are requesting a draft repo
be created to continue this work more openly in the community and to provide a
forum to address any technical concerns.
We expect the initial commit for this draft repo (branch tentatively named
windpdk-v17.11-rc2) to include the following libraries.
- librte_pmd_i40e (Intel PMD for Fortville NICs)
Additionally, these two toy applications are building and running correctly:
Note: code is currently based on v17.11 release but we plan to quickly rebase
so that we are current with the latest 18.02 release and eventually in-sync
- Confirm DPDK libraries and UIO driver build correctly with Clang on windows
- Update Visual Studio projects / solutions to reference clang compiler
(currently expects ICC)
- [Tangential] Make DPDK C-Standards Compliant to not require specific GNU/GCC
- Clean-up code and refactor to remove as many #ifdefs as possible
- Bring remaining DPDK core libraries to Windows and confirm
- Integrate with Meson build tool suite