Github user StevenMPhillips commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/373#issuecomment-182692303

    There are two main changes made in this commit:

    1. Removed SchemaPath from MaterializedField. Now, a MaterializedField
contains a name (String), and a list of children (MaterializedField). Each
MaterializedField instance knows its own name, but has no knowledge of its
parents. While making this change, I also got rid of MaterializedField.Key, and
made sure that MaterializedField was not used as a Map key anywhere in the code.

    2. TransferPair no longer takes a FieldReference, but instead will take a
String for the field name.

    With those two changes, I was able to remove the dependency on
drill-logical.

    The rest of the changes in the patch are simply making the rest of the code
conform to this new interface.

    I should not that this will break external StoragePlugins. They will need
to be modified and recompiled.

---
with INFRA.
---