I've been meaning to respond to this (Even have the spreadsheet still open)

I want to volunteer to do more list responding.  Not sure what I have for
time commitment, but in general, I want to be more helpful to user
questions etc.   We could also start to evaluate some of the response we
get and try to better incorporate those into the troubleshooting section of
the documentation.  I know that I go back to it to refresh my memory on
tips I can try to fix my problems.

Perhaps if we had list managers helping out, one of the responsibilities
could/would be to generalize responses and make contributions back to the
documentation or to the devs on how error messages could be improved? If
some of the "adhoc" knowledge could be baked into the docs, or even into
Drill itself it may start help both adoption and "expert" use of the
project.