Hi Sudheesh,

+ How many zookeeper servers in the quorum?
The quorum has 3 servers, everything looks healthy

+ What is the load on atsqa4-133.qa.lab when this happens? Any other
applications running on that node? How many threads is the Drill process
using?
The load on the failing node(8 cores) is 14, when Drill is running. Which
is nothing out of the ordinary according to our admin.
HBase is also running.
planner.width.max_per_node is set to 8

+ When running the same query on 12 nodes, is the data size same?
Yes

+ Can you share the query profile?
   I will sum it up:
  It is a select on 18 columns: 9 string, 9 integers.
  Scan is done on 13862 parquet files spread  on 1000 fragments.
  Fragments are spread accross 215 nodes.

We are in process of increasing our Zookeeper session timeout config to see
if it helps.

thanks

Francois