Meeting minutes 25 July 2017:

Attendees:
Rob, Vova, Sorabh, Pritesh, Paul, Aman, Padma, Jyothsna, Sindhuri.

Two topics were discussed.
1. Release candidate for 1.11.0.
Everybody is encouraged to test the release candidate and vote.
Aman asked about the release candidate performance testing.
Asked Kunal via email and he confirmed that performance testing is in
progress.

2. Upgrade to hadoop version 2.8.
Padma was looking into S3 connectivity issues and found out that switching
to Hadoop version 2.8.1 will solve these problems.
However, the hadoop release notes for 2.8.1 (and 2.8.0 as well) say the
following:
"Please note that 2.8.x release line continues to be not yet ready for
production use”.
Was decided to wait till the next Hadoop stable version release (hopefully
before Drill 1.12.0 release)
and for now document that users may switch to 2.8.1 themselves.

Thank you all for attending the hangout today.

Kind regards
Arina