Weijie,
what is the size (in KB) of your generated code for the aggregate operator
that is doing the 20 SUM/AVG ?  Also, what JDK version are you using ?

>From what I recall, Janino was faster than JDK 1.7  up to about 256 KB
source code file.  That's the current threshold in Drill; if the size is
greater than that, Drill automatically switches to JDK compiler.   Newer
JDK could potentially be faster, so we would need to do the comparison
again.   Perhaps you should file a JIRA with your observations.

There is also the complexity of the expressions.  For simple expressions,
my understanding is Janino is typically better.  Can you provide the query
pattern you used ?